Saturday, September 4, 2010

It's Hair Fair Day!

I meant to get this post and a couple of others done a couple of days ago but things didn't quite work out that way.  After I get this post done I can spend a little time on cleaning my desktop. What a mess!
Anyway, in alphabetical order, here is what's at the Hairoin booth:
This is Caustic which is a punk fauxhawk kinda thing. And just because I spent a lot of time on setting up these sets for photo shoots I'm going to post them here otherwise they'll probably never see the light of day.  This is the only original shot I had done that's at the booth. Look below and you'll see what I mean.
I had a plan for the booth, got 4 out of 5 photo shoots done and then found out the theme for Hair Fair so I scrapped what I was orignally going to do and redesigned everything.  As I said, the above was the only original shot I had done that made it into my booth.
 This one is Dark Sun.  (You can click the image for a larger view.)  I wanted to do something a little on the grandiose side of things.  The headdress is part of the hairstyle and as a side note, I have another style in mind I want to do that's "regal".  It was one of the ones I had in mind for Hair Fair but this style was the one I decided to throw out there.  Now for the shot I had in mind...
First, I would like to say that no men were harmed in the creation of this shot.  It was, however, a bit of a challenge arranging 3 boys on poseballs like dolls to get this shot.  Again, you can click on it for a larger view.
This is Machine. Larger image, yada yada.  The accurate representation here is the image in grape.  I shot that one on white background while the other two had to be tweaked because of green screen.  What I was thinking when I did that I have no idea.  This style is what you get when you listen to too much Velvet Acid Christ. :P   The next two shots are what I had envisioned (but are not the final tweaked out shots):

And the one below is what I ended up with:
Ruina Kessel is the creator of those wonderful eyes and gorgeous skin.  The shots really don't do justice to the skin which has almost a soft shimmer to it that the photos just don't pick up.  Unfortunately, I hadn't found Ruina's skins before I had done the next shot because they would have worked beautifully for it.
Onarra.  That's the name of this style which I wanted to fashion in a kind of scorpion tale.  I'm not sure if you can see it very well in the pictures but there's a delicate metal twisty bit holding the hair strands back.
This was what I sorta had in mind for the shot for this. There was still tweaking to be done in photoshop but you get the idea. ;)
Finally is the men's style Tricksy.  I vaguely recall I had Lord of the Rings on the brain for some reason when I named this one.  This is the one style I didn't get around doing a photo shoot for because it was at that time I found out what the booths were going to be like.
     So there you have it.  Those are the styles that will only be found at Hair Fair for the next two weeks.  The styles are all Modify and Copy and come equipped with resizer. (Demos are also equipped with resizer but are copy only.)
The Hairoin booth can be found here at Hair Fair
I hope you all have fun and find many styles that make you go 'ooooo'.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment